Call us on 1300 486 400 orMake a Booking
Flossing must be a regular part of your oral hygiene routine.
You miss nearly 40% of the tooth surface if you don’t floss! Use these tips to help you get the best results
- most people find it easiest to floss in front of the mirror
- break off about 30cm of floss and wind most of it around one of your middle fingers
- wind the remaining floss around the same finger on the other hand. This finger will wind up the floss as it becomes dirty
- Hold the floss tightly between your thumb and forefingers. Guide the floss between your teeth using a gentle rubbing motion (never snap the floss into the gums)
- when the floss reaches the gum lin, curve it into a ‘c’ shape against the one tooth. Floss away from the gum with back and forth motions
- repeat this on EVERY tooth
If you are having difficulty flossing, ask your dentist to give you a demonstration or to show you other techniques on how to floss properly.