Call us on 1300 486 400 orMake a Booking
Just like the rest of your body teeth and gums need good nutrition too. A balanced diet can really help prevent tooth decay and gum disease.
It is not only what you eat but when you eat that makes a difference to your dental health.
- eat a balanced diet from the 5 major food groups
- more saliva is produced when eating a meal. This helps wash foods from the mouth and lessens the effects of the acids on the enamel
- limit your snack in between meals
- keep your snacks healthy (fruit, raw vegetables, cheese or plain yogurt)
- don’t have sugary drinks (soft drink, fruit juices, cordial etc)
- drink plenty of water especially after food. This will help rinse away food debris